Having worked for Yahoo previously, and having seen what they do to technologies that they acquire, I cannot continue to host my other blog on Tumblr. As of today I will be removing my blog and account from their system and transferring everything back here to Blogger. You will see a few of my favorite posts transferred over here in the next few hours.
Why did I make this decision?
I used to use del.icio.us before they were taken over by Yahoo, they let one of the greatest online bookmarking and bookmark sharing systems die out and frankly I do not trust that they won't do the same with Tumblr. Yahoo has promised to not mess this one up, but new CEO or not, some things don't change. Apparently I am not the only one dropping my Tumblr account before Yahoo takes over. According to TechCrunch there appears to be a mass exodus from the service. This does not bode well for Yahoo's future if people are not willing to trust them with new tech.
Source: TechCrunch
No comments:
Post a Comment