Good morning everyone! I'm going to do a quick review of SlideScreen by LarvaLabs. I have been trying to find an easy to use interface for my Motorola Droid. While waiting for the Android 2.1 update to be released I was browsing through the marketplace when I stumbled across SlideScreen. I figured I'd give it a whirl.
This replaces the standard Android interface with a very easy to use interface. It prides itself in showing what you need to know, not focusing on apps. It will show anything from your schedule, to twitter updates, to facebook, the weather, email, phone calls, and text messages. This makes it far easier to get the info that I need, granted it also makes my purchase of Beautiful Widgets by LevelUp kind of pointless, however I do not regret that purchase in the least. But I digress. SlideScreen comes in two variations. The first is the free version, which is ad supported at the bottom (telling me to buy the full version), and the full version (cost: $6.99) which removes the ads. So far that is the only difference I can tell, granted it does free up a slot at the bottom of the screen to allow more information.
Here you can see the app menu that is available by pressing the menu key on your Android phone. The top eight apps that you see are user defined favorites, and the bottom portion is where your apps show up just as they would in the standard app launcher.
So far after just a bit of use, this home screen replacement appears to work very well! I am however going to wait to purchase the full version for a bit to see what I think of the 2.1 update (if it is ever rolled out).


No comments:
Post a Comment